Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Crazy Christmas Traditions

So as I am sitting here on my couch with my poodle Louis listening to the Robertson Family Christmas CD I cannot smile and think to myself "Wow, we actually did it!" 
This has been a hard year on my husband and myself, but with the power of prayer and God's amazing grace we have made it to the end of another year, and were able to provide our children with a great Christmas, at least I think so, we will see what their reactions will be in the morning! 



I decided to do my last Christmas post as a funny and to share some of the crazy things my family does every year, and to hopefully let you get some ideas and start your own wacky traditions with your family!

So it ALLL started several years ago! I was a fresh teenager shopping with my mom and grandmother at a Gabriel Brothers store. Just in case some of your are not familiar, this is a store where items are sent because they are not up to the company's standards ex. buttons are missing, seam isn't exactly straight, etc. 
My grandmother happened upon a pair of leopard print panties that wouldn't even fit the fat woman at a circus, and no I am not exaggerating these things were huge!
We bought them of course they cost us a whopping 25c! Wrapped them up in a teeny tiny package and addressed the gift tag to a lucky winner! Honestly I do not know who was the 1st to receive them, but every year they were re-gifted and anonymously given. 
The panties have successfully been passed around to all the adults and teens, we never did this with the smaller children, they just wouldn't get the joke. 
I thought that last year was the end and the tradition was over.....that was until my aunt assigned me a special sewing assignment. Show showed me some fabric she bought at Jo-annes, and let me tell you I was a bit shocked at first, but now I laugh hysterically when I see it. 
(Do not worry this post is PG and I promise to never offend anyone)
I was told I needed to sew a pillow, it would be the new secret gift, I was given all supplies and some fur to decorate with this is what I came up with. 



Yes, I know its beautiful! This pillow will be going to my lucky father, who has no idea it will passed to him tomorrow. 
I added the bow at the bottom because I didn't have enough fur to cover, plus I thought it added another hilarious touch! 


I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas tomorrow, let us not forget the reason for the season, our Savior coming to this earth and being born. Celebrate with family and have a good time! 
With Love 
The Momvenger

No comments :

Post a Comment