Thursday, December 5, 2013

Grinch Cookies (Mint Alternative)


Grinch Cookies





So it is Grinch night in our household tonight! We usually wait till it gets closer to Christmas but I couldn't hold back anymore! I love The Grinch, its my favorite Christmas story, and movie. My mother did not realize the monster she was creating when she first put the movie on for me all those Christmases ago. So we always make Grinch night a big thing in my house. This year I wanted to do something extra special, so to Pinterest I went! I found  recipe for Grinch cookies and thought they looked good......until I found out they had mint in it. I hate mint and chocolate together, I always have and always will, to this day I get sick to my stomach when I think about the combination yuck! So I decided to modify and simplify something I do well! 

You can take any old chocolate chip cookie recipe you have, OR you can do what I did and get a roll of toll house cookie dough and a pack of food coloring. 


Make your cookies dough to your recipe and then put in a mixing bowl, for pre-made dough just add the amount you want into a mixing bowl, then add 5 or more drops of green food coloring and mix. I have a kitchen aid mixer so my dough was mixed very quickly 



Then drop your cookies onto a cookie sheet, I line mine with wax paper its an easier clean up and the cookies come off easier. 


Bake to your desired crispy or gooey level ( we like ours gooey) 
I bake at 350 for 11 minutes 


Taadaa! Easy, Quick, and Inexpensive! 
Enjoy with your little who's while watching The Grinch! 



No comments :

Post a Comment