Saturday, December 7, 2013

What Snowflake has been up to!

Our Silly Elf & Simple Ideas For You! 


So Our Elf Snowflake has finally gotten comfortable in our home, she started off by doing harmless funny little things but last night she got a little naughty! 
Its a good naughty though and we all got a really good laugh this morning which is what you sometimes need!
A lot of people say that they don't do the Elf because its too time consuming and that their life is hectic enough as it is.
I call hockey on this, I am a full time student, full time mom and wife, I keep a 4.0 gpa and keep my house in check with the chores, laundry, etc. 
I also run a daycare and have extra children around my house, and I run a sewing business on the side. If I can do all of this and have time to do Elf on the Shelf and be in bed by 10pm I think you can too! 
Plus no one said that you have to do elaborate things with your Elf, just move him from shelf to shelf! He looks cute when he is hugging his little knees!
So here is some simple ideas and things that Snowflake has been doing






Day 1. Our Elf arrived in a box from the north pole with our elf, a letter from Santa, the book, and the movie. We sat her up on our shelf to rest from her long journey, she hadn't got her magic yet from us not have naming her yet so her magic was safe. We read the book and named her. Then we watched the movie, if you have younger children I really recommend the movie it brings the story to life for them and my pre-schooler understood it better. 


Day 2. So if you read my post called "Why we Elf" you would have seen that we the day after our Elf arrived she made the kids a North Pole breakfast. That was the most involved thing I made our elf do, and having her take credit for the snowman pancakes made me a little sad, but its okay, its all for the kids! 
It really worked in my favor though, I usually make us a big breakfast on Sunday morning before we go to church and December 1st just happened to be on a Sunday. I made the kids Snowman Pancakes with bacon scarfs, then I bought Christmas doughnuts from Walmart and laid them out. I spruced up with table with Christmas plates, cups, and a table cloth from Walmart. I have seen other mom's do a North Pole breakfast that is really extravagant, while that is nice and looks amazing I'm on a budget and my kids loved it just the same! 


Day 3. Was as simple as could be, I picked up a coloring book from the Dollar Tree a few days before and I colored a picture, wrote a note from our elf, wrapped the crayon in the elf's hand (I added wire onto mine) and done 


Day 4. We TP'd the tree! It took my husband and I less than 3 minutes to do this, and surprisingly didn't take that much tp. 

Day 5. I took 2 wash cloths and wrapped it around her head and body then sat her on my shelf in our shower, she could also sit on the shower head or bottom faucet if you don't have shelfs. To make sure my wash cloths stayed on I took some sewing pins and pinned them in the back. Iron girl really loved this one.


Day 6. Ziplining! Looks complicated but way easy and fast! Zip-lining through the tree tops is a popular thing her in Fayette WV and I knew Iron girl would love to see it be done by our elf. Take some ribbon or yarn measure from the areas you want it to be done and tie it. Cut small piece or rope for elf, pin ribbon through elfs hands( mine went on the inside and was hidden) Then to stay in place I took a pin and stuck it through the ribbon she was holding through the zip-line ribbon. I'm sure glue dots and tape would work well too, I just used what I had on hand.


Day 7. Make your elf eat cookies, chocolate, twinkies, or whatever sweets or food you have on hand! I have even seen an Elf eating a banana! As long as as its a messy food it will work! I even put a dibble of milk in a medicine cup four ours (and yes those are my grinch cookies, she ate it the night I made them!)


Day 8. Switch the Stockings, Iron girl LOVED this one, I have never seen her laugh so hard! I have also seen this done by hanging them on the tree. This is our 1st "naughty" thing our elf has done.


So there you have it, these are Simple Elf ideas that take no time and are funny and usually free, or dollar store projects. I will post another update at the end of next week so you can see our silly Snowflake and all her Shinanigans! 







No comments :

Post a Comment