Thursday, January 30, 2014

~Birthday Week~ Food

     Thanks to the wonderful Hour and a half p90x yoga that was on my schedule yesterday and doing alittle packing I was unable to do a post, but have no fear I will still be able to cover all the basics money saving tips for birthday parties! Today I want to talk about food, because if you have a family like mine food is all important! Food can also be the easiest or the hardest thing to do at your party. There is 2 ways you can do food at a party, you can have basic party food that everyone loves OR you can theme your food to your party.  For example at my daughters birthday last year we did Pink Poodles in Paris, and we had it done like a little bistro with finger sandwiches, fruit, and lots of sweets


No matter which direction you go with the food themed or non there is always a couple rules I follow. 1. Always make it yourself instead of buying it Ex. cupcakes, the cake, brownies, fruit trays or salads etc. I do not mean make 12 pizzas if that is the main food you will be feeding people, or do homemade nugget trays, you can if you want but I opt out. 2. Ask family members if they would like to make or buy anything, usually if it is a grandparent they are more than obliged to help out. 3. Do not go overboard!!! I always like to do a big item (pizza, nugget trays, sandwiches, sub, etc.) Pretzels or chips, fruit, and then a dessert, this might even sound like too much for the party you are doing but that leads us to my next rule 4. Plan your food to the time & style on your event ex. tea-party theme before or after lunch (tea-sandwiches, little cookies) casual any time of the day (pizza & chips). I always have my parties at lunch time, so that is why I serve as much as I do. 

     So that is the basics I use when I am getting my food ready for my parties its a simple yet complex thing, as always I love comments and emails so if you need to know anything more in depth please let me know! 

No comments :

Post a Comment