Sunday, February 2, 2014

~Birthday Week~ Decorations & Supplies

     Let's talk about party decorations! Decorations can make or break your party, this includes breaking your wallet, and making the look of your party so so. As always there are a few rules I follow to help keep myself on track and budget. First make sure you keep your supplies such as plates, forks, and napkins simple, I know it is tempting when you are on Birthday supply websites and you see awesome theme plates that go with what your little one or yourself has chosen, but I promise you if you just go with a good color palate relate-able to your theme (blue and white for Cinderella, red and blue for superman) your wallet will thank you.


     Next when it comes to your centerpieces and other decorations you need to (all together class) Make them yourself! Honestly friends it is not that hard, and most of the time it is not too time consuming either. Pick something simple. Simple can really go a long way and can really make a beautiful party. Take for instance my centerpieces I made for my son's party, I already had the vases from a previous party (re-use!) and all I did was take two .98c bags of tissue paper mix them together and placed them in the vase, then I took a roll of $1 ribbon and hot glued it the bottom piece to the top, that way I can take scissors later and remove it and then the vase will be plain again. Now with the word re-use fresh on our minds we will move to my 3rd tip! Use things you have around the house if it pertain to your theme, my son's party was a smash bash and since he loves the Hulk he had several action figures and toys we used. 


     Here is the last tip I will leave you with, I have been seeing a lot of the water bottle wrappers, and other downloadable items you can buy off of Etsy and they can be really cute but they can also be really expensive. You CAN make these, you do not need a fancy photo editor or anything like that. All you need is an image you like, picmonkey.com and microsoft word. Make your image on picmonkey you can upload any photo and then use their text tool, then save. Then if your doing a water bottle label open up microsoft and use their drawing tool to make a straight line a little ways down the page making boxes. Add your image and then print and cut out to make sure the sizing is right. Buy a case of Great Value water from walmart and then tape them bad boys on there! 


     So you see, you do not have to rack your brain, and drain your bank account to give your children a beautiful party, or your friend a great baby shower and so on with your other parties and get togethers, all you need is a little patience, some great ideas from pinterest, and even some things from your house you already have ;)


     

No comments :

Post a Comment