Monday, March 28, 2016

Olive Garden Chicken Pot Pie Copycat Recipe

     I have come to realize that having 2 blogs is hard, especially this week because I have been working on my spring cleaning inside & outside my home. The funny thing is I feel the need to have 3 blogs, one for my life kids and crafts, one for my cloth diaper blog, and one for my recipes and cooking tips. Honestly I do not know where this urge comes from, maybe it is because right now everything in my life seems to be coming in three's. 3 kids, 3 dogs, 3 bucks to my name........ Oh well I will probably not make another blog but then again who knows I'm crazy like that! Today there is one thing I do know for certain though, my first ever copy cat recipe is the bomb diggity and I am so excited it turned out so well and I can share it with you! 




     So my husband and I did something very naughty and we had Olive Garden twice in one week. Yes I said twice, I do not know what came over us, all I know is that I was ashamed of myself and the way I was treating my poor wallet. I also broke our rule of going out to eat once a month, a rule that seems to be harder to follow now that we officially declared it, it seems like everyone wants to put out all their new menu items at the same time and its become a pain in the Heineken to resist! Anywho this pot pie at Olive Garden caught my husbands eye because he loves chicken alfredo and since I apparently am always on him about branching out and trying something new he thought this would do. needless to say he loved it and I tried a bite and I loved it! Later that week when we went out to do our Easter shopping for the kids we decided that would be a great choice for dinner and we both got the pot pie, then that is when the guilt set in and I knew something had to be done, or we'd half to get jobs at Olive Garden to supply our new addiction. So when I sat down to do our meal plan for the week I decided to take on the task of recreating this meal. It went off without a hitch and the best part is for the price of one dish of this at Olive Garden you can feed yourself, your family, and then have left overs. 


Ingredients
  • Chicken Breast 
  • Broccoli Florets 
  • Rotini Noodles (or any type of spiral/curly noodles) 
  • Pie Crust 
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic Powder 
  • Butter 
  • Cream Cheese
  • Half & Half 
  • Heavy Cream 
  • Grated Parmesan

   Pre-heat oven to 375.  Salting some water in a pot and bring it to a boil, then add your bag of broccoli florets and let cook through, drain off water and set aside. Take your chicken breast and cut into diced pieces, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add this to a hot skillet with butter (or olive oil) saute and then add to broccoli. Now bring salted water in another pot to boil and add noodles, while they are cooking start preparing your crust. Roll out the first piece and lay in your pot, I used a casserole dish so I had to shape mine to fit a bit, you can also use a large pie pan. Now go back to your noodles they should be done, drain them and mix them with the chicken and broccoli. Grabbing the same pan you cooked the chicken in set your burner to medium high heat and melt 4 tablespoons of butter, add in 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, 3/4 C half and half, 3/4 C heavy whipping cream, and a sprinkle of pepper. Add 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder Whisk together and then add 1 C of grated Parmesan cheese. This must be freshly grated OR come grated in a package, please make sure to use REAL parmesan cheese, the "parmesan" in the green cap container will NOT work. Whisk these together until everything is melted and then toss with broccoli, chicken, and noodles. Add this to your pie crust and then top with the second pie crust, Brush the top with melted butter and a pinch of garlic powder, cut some small slits into the top of the crust. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the inside is bubbly. Then enjoy the amazing-ness of this dish!








     Its wonderful its delicious, it will save you money, and its pretty quick to whip up! I promise you this taste the EXACT same as the one we got at Olive Garden. I dare you to try the one at Olive Garden and then this recipe, you will be so amazed! Happy Cooking!
 







No comments :

Post a Comment