Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sweet Snow Cream!



    Well after 2 weeks I am finally over and well from the wonderful super flu that was going around! I am glad to be back on my computer and writing blog post again! Today my children and decided to have the Best Snow Day Ever! In our little area of WV we got 5 inches of snow in just a couple of hours and it hasn't stopped coming down, but that is okay because we loooove snow! So we started off the day by watching a ton of winter themed movies, and sang Do you want to build a snowman from Frozen so many times I lost count! Dinner included warm cheeseburger soup, and then after we all went outside to play in our winter wonderland! We came inside and I realized I was out of chocolate chips and half and half so that threw my homemade hot chocolate out the window, and the natives were getting restless, I had to do something but what? Then it hit me, Sweet sweet snow cream! I used to make it as a kid all the time and I loved it, and the best part is it only has 4 ingredients that most everyone has in their cabinets and outside their house on a snowy day! 



Ingredients & Steps 

  • 6- 8 cups of Snow
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 C of sugar
  • 1 C of milk
  1. Go outside and get some Snow, and make sure you know it is not in a "dirty" area, (stay away from the yellow and brown snow kids!) 
  2. Add all the ingredients except for the snow in a bowl and mix it together 
  3. Add 1 C of snow at a time into the sugar mix and use a spoon to mix it
  4. Then dish it out between your little snow hero's and taste the snowy goodness! 

Now I know there are some moms out their reading this and saying "yuck" but listen as long as you are aware of your surroundings it is not going to hurt you or your children, I have been eating it for years and nothing has ever happened to me, I would never blog about anything hurting other's health. Enjoy the snow everyone! 

No comments :

Post a Comment